- In general, NEVER unplug wires without turning off the robot. – Jessa
- Anything moving (especially spinning) should be secured. – Lekan
- Check all loose connections – Jessa
Things to keep in mind:
- Check ports
- No loose connections
- Secure all parts (no floating victors!)
- When listening to anything, keep hair tied back
- I hear a high-pitched buzzing noise.
Check the victor fans. A wire or zip-tie may be caught.
- A gearbox makes that painful whirring noise.
If you have two motors plugged into it, they are probably working at different speeds and fighting one another. We suggest re-calibrating the victors and trying again.
- I hear a high-pitched squeaking.
Ask a mentor. It may be from trying to run a motor at very low speeds.
Sparking is dangerous. Stop, and try to find out what you are doing wrong. If you are touching a red wire to a black wire, you are short-circuiting something. If a mentor deems the sparking “safe,” proceed with caution and gloves.
- The compressor doesn’t turn off!
Something is wrong somewhere between the pressure switch and the compressor relay. Check that everything (especially the switch I/O) is plugged in correctly. Nothing should be in port 1 in the I/O and we don’t trust the solenoid either.
- I can’t see/reach the digital sidecar!
We recommend not burying the digital sidecar under other things. If you need to, use a flashlight to see better.
- Red squiggly lines under my code!
Something is really wrong. These usually result in a Robots don’t quit! message if you try to run it.
- Yellow squiggly lines under my code!
Yellow means you’re not actually using that part of your code anywhere. Yellow lines are not generally a problem.
- Robots don’t quit!
This message is intended as a “keep going” encouragement. Something in your code is wrong. You may have not initialized/constructed something you’re trying to call. Look at your code.
- Invalid IP Address (during Bridge Setup)
Make sure you have 10.17.0.x not 10.17.00.x
- Connection Timeout (Connecting FTP @10.17.0.2)
We suggest checking IP settings. Make sure the subnet is (255.255.255.0) and the robot has enough power and the internet is disabled. Also check all connections.
- Watchdog error (camera)
Try adding a timer to the code. If not, ask Austin, Claire, or Lekan.