Configuring the Wireless Bridge
- Follow these instructions
- After you have configured the bridge, simply unplug the bridge and computer and make sure you have the right IP Address/Subnet. The team number should appear as a wireless server/WiFi.
Note: We use our team number, 17.0(0), in these addresses. Your team should use your own team number, xx.yy, where 17.0 is shown.
- Bridge: 10.17.0.1 (default gateway = 10.17.0.4) 192.168.0.50 = default address of Bridge
- cRIO: 10.17.0.2
- Classmates: 10.17.0.5
- Regular Computers: 10.17.0.6
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 (defaults to 255.0.0.0)
Use crossover cables for cameras and ethernet cables for everything else.
- Netbeans install (if not already there)
- Install LabView (should be prompted for serial number)
- LabView update
- Utilities update
- Driver Station update
- Java update –> DO NOT add through Settings; download from online and add through Downloads; should appear under Installed when finished
- Set team number on Netbeans
- Use crossover cable to connect to the computer.
- Set your PC’s IP address to 192.168.0.XX where XX is something not in use (1-255) — we use .6 for laptops, .5 for any classmates. (We’ve heard .11 works as well—) See “How to Set Up Your 2012 Driver Station” for instructions on how to set a static IP address.
- Close the window and wait while it configures the network card.
- Select Start»All Programs»National Instruments(folder)»LabVIEW 2012»Setup Axis Camera to launch the Setup Axis Camera Tool dialog box. You also can display this dialog box by selecting Tools»Setup Axis Camera in LabVIEW.
- The green Indicator light next to the text “Camera found at 192.168.0.90” should be lit. If it is not, verify that your camera is powered on (the ring on camera face should be green) and properly connected and that your computer IP address was set properly in steps 2 and 3. If the indicator is still unlit, reset your camera using the instructions contained inside the tool as Step 3.
- Ensure the Robot Radio option is selected and enter your team number in the Team ID box.
- Click Apply ONCE.
- Navigate your web browser to http://192.168.0.90/ to change settings
- On the left, click “TCP/IP”
- Click on the radio button next to “Use the following IP address” to select it
- In the “IP address” box enter 10.xx.yy.11. The xx.yy is the same as is used for the robot. If additional cameras are needed, use .12. Click “Save”
- The camera can also be connected to the second Ethernet port on the 8-slot cRIO FRC. In this configuration the IP is left at the default 192.168.0.90. The User name and Password are setup identically to if the camera is connected to the radio
The camera comes with a network address of 192.168.0.90.
Setting Up SVN:
- 2013 Control System Documentation
- Getting Started 2013
- 2013 FRC Bridge Configuration Utility
- Utilities Update (Order matters!)
- Analog Devices Accelerometer & Sensor Board
- Honeywell Microswitches
- Axis M1011 Camera
- Axis 206 Camera
- Rockwell Automation Line Tracking Sensors