GatorScout: Available here
GatorScout is an intuitive and easy-to-use mobile app to assist in the compilation, storage, and retrieval of scouting information collected in the FIRST Robotics Competition challenge (currently configured for 2014’s Aerial Assist). It enables its users to easily gather data on competition matches through the Match Scouting functionality and to accumulate and compile information on each team through Pit Scouting. It also allows the retrieval and exportation via email of compiled data. This scouting app is unique in that it allows one person to scout an entire alliance, allowing for a minimum two-person scouting team.
Key Features Include:
- Match Scouting Information Storage: separates information gathered by team, match number, and alliance color
- Autonomous Scouting Capabilities: stores information on whether each team moves, as well as all made or missed autonomous shots
- Teleoperated Scouting Capabilities: monitors possession of the ball as well as actions taken by each team (passing, dropping, catching, making or missing the high goal, low goal, or truss); allows for marking of teams as defensive, broken, or “no-show,” and tracks penalties gathered
- Match Scouting Notes: stores qualitative notes on each team scouted at the end of the match cycle
- Match Scouting Summary: displays an accumulation of the information gathered during the match cycle; has an option to take a screenshot of this screen and/or send an email with this data; we recommend exporting match data at the end of each day
- Pit Scouting Information Gathering: gathers information on a specific team from their responses in the pits
- Pit Scouting Notes: allows for the collection of qualitative notes on a team collected while pit scouting
- Team Search: retrieves and exports via email data collected either on a specific team or the entire scouting history
- Settings: stores scout name, tournament name, and your team’s scouting email; turn on or off match emails and photo caching
We are planning to re-configure this app for 2015’s Recycle Rush!