Gatorbotics, Team 1700, is proud to present NEIL PARKER!
Named after our icons Neil Armstrong and Peter Parker, Neil Parker is the newest member to our Gatorbotics Team and loves to climb pyramids.
Neil Parker is a successful and reliable second-level climber. Here are some of his highlights:
- a chassis with a v-shaped cut-out ideal for climbing the pyramid
- a custom water-jetted belly-pan on the chassis
- a Robot Angle Optimizer (RAO) that pushes the back of the chassis up until the arms are parallel to the corner of the pyramid
- two sets of custom hooks: stationary and moving
- a drivetrain with 4 CIM motors on 2 gearboxes, 2 speed transmission with pneumatic shifting
- can reach top speed of 14 feet per second
- bumpers that can be taken off quickly and easily
Autodesk Portland Oregon Regional:
Though we faced trouble with greasing a mechanism initially, we competed well and consistently after the error was fixed. We were honored with the Entrepreneurship Award for our 10-year business plan, professionalism, and organization!
Here is a picture of Neil climbing in Portland:
Silicon Valley Regional:
We made a name for ourselves at SVR when we used the practice day to change out our chassis. Surprising everyone, we actually finished, and were able to perform consistently after that.