In 2010, we participated in Breakaway, a soccer-ball scoring game with a climbing element. Just a few days before ship, one of our mentors, Doug Bourn, died in a plane crash, but we found the strength to create a great robot and had a great season. We constructed two robots for this challenge, one during the build season, and the other for CalGames the following fall.
Capabilities: Bump Driving and Goal Shooting
Chad 2.0 Features
- Had advanced bump-driving technology
- Used mechanum wheels for better maneuverability
- Had a CAM-actuated kicker
- Official nickname was MACOCWAB
Will da Beast
Capabilities: Tunnel driving and goal shooting
Will da Beast…
- Competed at CalGames 2010
- Featured 2-wheel drive and casters in the back for fast driving
- Pneumatic kicker
- Capable of scoring in autonomous mode
Fifteen students plus a few mentors made their way to Portland to compete in the Oregon regional.
We again participated at the Silicon Valley Regional.
We had a lot of success at CalGames (thanks Lynbrook High School!) as our new robot Will da Beast had autonomous code and pneumatic abilities. Our drivers did not have a lot of practice, but we still had a great time.