Today, we continued building separate parts of our actual robot such as the chassis, hooded shooter, and intake mechanisms. We needed to readjust the hooded shooter’s shape and size, so a lot of today was spent cutting polycarbonate to the right size. For the chassis, we added chains for the inner framework of the robot, such as where the intake mechanism (the roller) will rest on. The roller was being re-stabilized today; we re-measured metal and re-applied L-brackets to create a stronger, more precise shape for our final robot. As a new freshman on the team, I learned that at this stage of the game, it’s really important to be careful and precise in our calculations to ensure the most stable robot parts; we ended up having to rework our intake because it wasn’t secure enough on its own. On the programming side of things, today was a day to download much of the software we will need. We also began programming for the autonomous system, as well as other subsystems of the robot’s inner workings, and set up the power distribution board and camera for our robot. And for CAD, we have been figuring out the center of mass for pieces of the robot by assigning masses, weights, and materials to each part. All in all, we’ve made some great progress on building our separate mechanisms of the robot, and I can’t wait to see how we’re going to assemble it all together to create a masterpiece!