Today we started off continuing last night’s work, all the while adhering to the new safety regulations. The team broke into multiple groups with the many mentors who were here and started working. One group was working on the bumpers, drilling the wood pieces together and getting ready to cover them. The lack of the appropriate size of drill bit and too few screws prompted a couple meandering trips to ACE. At about 12:30 we broke for lunch, a tasty combination of bagels and cream cheese with chips, salsa, and guacamole.
After lunch another group started researching potential options for parts of the dumper/slider-offer. They were specifically looking for an actuator and some plastic, with some people cutting out a version of it on the laser cutter.
In the Cad group they were working on offsetting the hook file in order to send it off to Victoria’s neighbor so the hooks can be cut, as well as cleaning up and fixing other cad files. A subset of the programming team was working on organizing the electronics board so that everything will fit on it when we finally put it all together.
The bumper group (which I was in) proceeded to drill the attachment system together. Pretty soon we should be able to attach the latches to the chassis and the bumper, as well as cover them with fabric.