It’s official — we are using a conveyor belt!
Today the build team really started thinking about how all the pieces will fit together — the chassis, the conveyor belt, and the motors in between. One group created a storyboard of how it all should look, step by step. Another group worked on the conveyor belt design, adjusting hook placement. We also went back and forth on dimensions for a cutout in our chassis for the whole mechanism, ultimately settling on a design that will fulfill the bumper requirement. We’re working on an 80/20 chassis for sizing until our actual one is welded. We’ve finally finished the chassis CAD!
After we’ve latched on to the pyramid, we’ll pull our chassis vertical to minimize being pulled (by gravity) off the pyramid. We’re designing the pivot point to be strong, and we’ll probably use a CIM motor. Once up, the chassis will latch to the arm with a latch, maybe a carabiner. To store the arm pre-match, we’ll use a kickstand.
The programming team worked on designing an electronics board only about 24 inches square — difficult! They’re now getting the measurements into a CAD bellypan to waterjet. Another group from programming worked on the conveyor belt code (done) and a single-push button shifting for our two-speed transmission.
Finally, Teresa and I finished the fiveawesomerobots video for the week! Please watch and like and comment!