Over in the programming area of the lab (the one with the couches), the programmers were busy updating all of their computers for the new season — installing the 2013 plugins, getting the latest version of Netbeans, etc. They also started to create their own robot, starting with a simple tank drive. The *entirely optional* homework was to add a deadband of 0.1 to the tank drive code.
For programmers who missed today:
To update Netbeans, the plugins, etc: http://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/3120
Documentation for all the built-in classes: http://slidell-robotics.com/javadoc/edu/wpi/first/wpilibj/package-summary.html
On the build team, we decided to scale down our prototypes to 1/3 the standard size. In doing so, we found it necessary to create a new pyramid to test them with. Our PVC pyramid has been coming together slowly but surely and should be completed by our design review session this Saturday.
The two prototype groups were hard at work preparing their small scale pieces to present to the team and to the parents at the design review. These prototype groups were substantially larger today due to the return of the freshmen and sophomores after the first of Casti’s Rm4 Seminars yesterday. They are all working hard and are excited to share out their ideas.
Two hours after the official end time for our meeting, the leads were successfully able to calculate the length of the slanted post and locate the 68-degree angle!