yesterday was a quiet day… just annie, tobi, anne, allie, and me. (plus sallie after seussical practice) on the mentor side, we had karlin and doug.
we set about changing the wheels to the kit wheels, which have a smaller diameter. i’m guessing six inches, but i made that up. anyway… the large excitement for the day
WE GOT THE PROTOTYPE DRIVING WITH OUR DRIVE CODE! okay, fine it’s scotty’s code. so it’s not exactly the most stable. especially since the back? front? (i’m confused by the direction of the thing) wheels aren’t connected. there is much tippage.
it’s a step, though. a big step.
(finding the bearings was also cause for much excitement. i didnt know they were missing.)
as they posted, tobi and annie made a better protoype of the threeprong with one actuating.
we need to be prototyping a threeprong with TWO actuating.
no one really seems to know/want to create chassis sketches. i have no idea what that entails, really, but i feel like we should at least be seriously, logically considering what we’ll be needing. only 28 days, people!
karlin did some analysis of the drive code from last year on her laptop.
and after much struggle, we FINALLY found last years code, logically enough, on emily, in a folder entitled “backup code 2007”. what shock!
that’s about all, really.
i’ve been pushign this for a while. let’s integrate the different components. attach the claw to the elevator to the chassis! at least see how it all will or wont fit together.